Tim Mather is a partner in the Silicon Valley practice of Fortium Partners. He brings more than 20 years of technology leadership experience as a chief information security officer, a position often hailed as one of the most powerful positions within modern organizations due to its responsibility for information security. Mather has built the information security function from scratch for global brands, often navigating the political and technical environments of an organization to achieve no serious security breaches and protection of intellectual property, despite very large volumes of malicious traffic and sophisticated attacks.
- Chief Information Security Officer, Cadence Design Systems
- Chief Security Officer, Apigee
- Chief Information Security Officer and VP of Security & Compliance Markets, Splunk
- Consultant, Advisory Director in Information Protection, KPMG
- Chief Security Strategist, RSA, The Security Division of EMC
- VP of Technology Strategy, Symantec
- VP & Chief Information Security Officer, Symantec
- Manager of Security, VeriSign
- Manager, Information Systems Security, Apple
- Board of Advisors, privately held security companies
- Planning Committee Member, U.S. Secret Service Electronic Crimes Task Force
- Board Member, Cloud Security Alliance
Mather has co-authored two successful books, Cloud Security and Privacy and The Executive Guide to Information Security, both of which are available on Amazon. He holds three master’s degrees: the first in international policy studies from Middlebury Institute, the second in national security studies from Georgetown University and the third in information security from Brandeis University. He also holds a bachelor’s degree in political economics from the University of California at Berkeley.
Twitter handle: @mather_tim
LinkedIn profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/timmather