Mike Bestul is a partner in the Midwest practice of Fortium Partners. He brings more than 30 years of technology leadership experience with a focus on some of the nation’s leading higher education institutions. Bestul has a broad understanding of the critical technology and disruptive business issues facing colleges and universities, having held leadership roles at every level, from community colleges to major research institutions to system-level collaborations. He is adept at helping organizations discover underlying problems with their use of technology and offering rapid and effective solutions.
- CIO, John Carroll University
- CIO & VP of IT, Fairmont State University
- Executive Director, Florida Community College Software Consortium
- CIO, University of Wisconsin (Madison) – Learning Innovations
- IT Director, State of Wisconsin Investment Board
Bestul holds an MS in Human Relations and Business from Amberton University and a BS in Political Science from the University of Wisconsin.