John Johnston is a partner in the Greater Los Angeles practice of Fortium Partners. He brings 25 years of executive technology leadership to Fortium, with deep knowledge in the engineering, construction and service industries. His long-term success has flowed from his ability to build collaborative relationships with executives and nurture staff, resulting in a powerful record of producing scalable solutions with limited departmental budgets for businesses like ValleyCrest, Carlson, Fluor and numerous others.
Combining a deep understanding of technology and business, Johnston delivers technology solutions that have a compelling business impact. He is exceptionally skilled at delivering results with highly constrained budgets, solving large-scale problems, maximizing existing solutions and contributing to the overall success of the business. He has led IT for businesses ranging from early stage to mature, with revenues from early stage to $1.3 billion, U.S. and global, across a broad range of sectors, including service, engineering, staffing, construction, distribution, manufacturing and e-commerce.
- CIO, Espérer Holdings
- Technology Strategy/Operations Consultant, Backroads.com
- VP and CIO, ValleyCrest Companies (now BrightView)
- VP and CIO, Carlson Group
- Director of IT, Applied Computer Solutions, Fluor Corporation
- Director of Network Operations/Application Development, Fluor Corporation
- Director, Technology Development and Implementation, Fluor Corporation
- Partner, Tatum
Johnston holds a BS in Chemical Engineering from Michigan State University and studied Advanced Numerical Analysis at University of California, Irvine.